Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Why I Love Coconut Oil

In the natural hair community, there are many different oils which all have many different benefits. However, the one that will forever be my favorite is coconut oil. Listed down below are a few reasons why this specific oil is a staple product for me.

Penetrates the Hair
1. Coconut oil is one of the few oils that actually penetrates the hair shaft, instead of just lying on top. Because of this, it is great to apply after putting in a moisturizer because It will seal in everything. Personally, I follow the LOC method in order to moisturize. Here is the link, describing how I do the LOC Method: LOC Method

Promotes Blood Flow to Scalp
2. This oil also helps to promote blood circulation to the scalp, and when more blood circulates that means hair growth!

Rich in Vitamins
3. Coconut oil is a one stop shop when it comes to nutrients. It had just about every essential nutrient for your hair in it! (Not really, but it's pretty close) It's rich in vitamin E, K, and iron which helps to keep the hair from thinning.

Helps Keep Scalp Healthy
4. All hair grows from the roots, which is why it is important to keep a healthy scalp. Coconut oil helps make this easier.  It not only helps to get rid of dandruff (I can testify to this myself), but also helps to boost hair growth.

All in all, coconut oil is just and all around great product. While I know it may not work for everyone, it definitely works for myself and if you haven't tried it yet, you definitely should! I can almost guarantee that you'll like it!

Sincerely,
A Natural


(No copyright infringement intended)

2 comments:

  1. I love extra virgin coconut oil too. Have you tried coconut milk mask on your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Coconut Oil & your Natural Hair Blog!

    ReplyDelete