Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Nightly Hair Routine on Natural Hair

Hey guys!
Long time, no talk (not really, only missed one day). But whatevs, even with that short time I've missed you guys and my fellow naturalistas.

This is a long awaited, highly requested post that I've been putting off for a while and I'm not sure why. By the title, you surely know what it is.... MY NIGHTLY HAIR ROUTINE!
So, without further or do here it is.

Step 1: I part my hair into four sections, (doesn't have to be perfect) and then pin three of the four sections up.

Step 2: Working with that first section, I lightly spritz with water (and sometimes aloe Vera juice), until my hair is damp enough to finger detangle, but NOT drenched.

Step 3: I then apply my leave-in conditioner. (A few that I've personally used and liked are Cantu's leave-in, Shea Moisture, Giovanni's direct leave-in, and African Pride's leave-in.) Making sure to evenly distribute it throughout my hair using my fingers.

Step 4: Repeat step 3 on all the sections until the entire head is complete.

Step 5: After applying the leave-in, apply an oil of your choice and two-strand twist each section.

Step 6: I then pull each twist back into a loose ponytail/bun and then wrap my hair with a silk scarf and put my bonnet on top of that.

...then viola! I'm done and ready for bed.

Now you've heard my nightly routine, what's yours?

Sincerely,
 A Natural

No comments:

Post a Comment